Service continues for Northline
As mentioned in my previous correspondence, Northline continues to service the freight and logistics needs of our customers without restriction. This will continue over the Easter break, with Northline being closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday national public holidays. As we approach the Easter long weekend, we all need to note that social distancing measures and border closures remain in place across Australia.
Our National freight services continue to operate without issue or delay and our warehouse operational shifts have been adjusted to suit both social distancing guidelines and employee welfare. For any day to day enquiries our Australian based Customer Service Team is here to support your needs on 1300 722 534.
If you need to track a delivery you can always do so on Northline’s Track App or on your desktop at track.northline.com.au.
Northline continues to take precautionary measures to adhere to social distancing requirements which we have outlined below. If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager.
I would like to take this time to thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time. From all of us here at Northline, we wish you and your families a safe and well-deserved break over the long weekend.
Chief Executive Officer
Supporting customers during COVID-19
Over the last week there have been ongoing actions and added importance put on the social distancing measures. Northern Territory, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and Queensland closed their borders to all outside travel. Northline and the wider transport and logistics industry were deemed exempt from any restrictions on border closures and for us, business remains as usual.
As an ‘essential service’, Northline’s interstate services are not affected by any of the border closures and we still maintain all services into regional areas across Australia.
With growing restrictions across the majority of our pick up and delivery points, our National freight services continue to operate without issue or delay. Our warehouse operational shifts have been adjusted to suit both social distancing guidelines and employee welfare and continue to operate smoothly, with extended shifts and overtime worked as necessary.
Maintaining a high level of customer service is a priority for Northline and we appreciate the understanding and patience our customers are displaying throughout this time. Our Australian based Customer Service Team is still here to support your needs and our Operations teams are working hard to continue servicing the freight and logistics requirements of all our customers.
The health and safety of both our Northline employees and our customers is paramount. This means that operationally, we are taking extra measures to ensure social distancing requirements are adhered to. We would like to share with you some developments and actions Northline have deployed and continue to monitor as part of our ongoing commitment to business continuity;
- COVID-19 committee including Executive Team members continue to meet daily to manage our ongoing response.
- All International or Domestic business travel continues to be cancelled until further notice.
- Nationally, we continue to exercise our working from home (WFH) policy for those employees who are able to. This includes all external sales employees, national management roles based at branches and a significant number of employees based at our Service Centre.
- We have separated, by physical distance, teams located at each branch thereby adhering to the social distancing principles and have clear segregation between operational functions and shifts at every branch.
- Northline’s services are currently operating and performing without impact, every depot is operational.
- Our visitor login and induction systems at the branches have been adjusted to include some additional screening questions.
- Our delivery procedures have been adjusted slightly in consideration of social distancing principles and hygiene – this includes;
- The option of the driver signing the POD/PDA device on the customers behalf, including a reference “CV19” on the POD
- Home delivery customers are provided the option of ‘an authority to leave’ with the delivery being left in an agreed location on site without the need for the customer to sign for delivery.
- We are continuing to adjust our operations in line with our customers changes in protocols where necessary.
- We are reviewing our contingency plans to ensure we can maintain delivery of services.
- We are purchasing additional laptops to allow for more uses to have remote access.
- We continue the trialling of alternate locations testing as a service contingency.
We understand that announcements are moving quickly, and we will endeavour to maintain an open channel of communication with our customers, as and when additional announcements are made.
If you require any further information in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager.
Chief Executive Officer