Our people are more than our best asset. With 13 branches across the nation, our extensive operation employs a combination of staff and full-time subcontractors in all mainland capitals and many key regional centres. As a privately owned and operated company, we work as one large family and our down to earth culture reflects this. Communication is key to our success and everyone at Northline has a voice. Through coaching and development, we not only develop individual skill bases but also enhance Northline’s culture and expertise. All of our staff are trained in the most efficient and effective methods of secure handling, from container loads to fragile product to doorstep deliveries.
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport and Logistics professional to manage this facility and its operations while reporting directly to the State Manager Victoria.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Depot Manager to drive improvements in our profitability and service delivery with our customers, while working in a fast-paced environment.
The Depot Manager is responsible for effectively managing and overseeing all daily operations of the Melbourne site and the coordination of all resources including freight, Line-haul Coordination; PUD Fleet and elements of customer relations.
Essential requirements for the role include proven successful management experience in a comparable role. Financial acumen, planning and implementation and leadership skills is a must. Tertiary education in Operations or Logistics preferred.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Set the team direction and individual employee goals while motivating employees to achieve them;
- Driving Freight Operations and ensuring all freight movements are handled correctly and completed in a timely manner;
- Maintain a focus on cost control of contractors, labour hire and linehaul;
- Maintain a high level of service to internal and external customers;
- Bringing a ‘can do’ attitude to all facets of the Operation creating a unified team – incorporating, leadership, initiative, enthusiasm, pro-active attitude, respect and interest.
This position will require applicants to have:
- Proven successful experience in management, control and development of staff;
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of the Transport and Logistics industry;
- The determination to improve accuracy, cost effectiveness and overall performance of the freight and warehouse operations;
- Ability to build professional relationships with internal and external customers;
- Ability to manage and effectively lead a team with a hands-on approach;
- Strong communication skills and delegation skills are necessary for success in this role;
- A highly organised and structured approach to task and outcome focused.
This is a rare opportunity for a “go getter” to really excel. If you’re ready for a challenge and meet the above criteria, then we would like to hear from you now!
With our Head Office in Adelaide we are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join our client services team based at Norwood.
To be considered you will need to be motivated with an exceptional telephone manner and polished communication skills. You should have strong computer skills and excellent time management.
This role will require you to be involved in:
- Maintaining internal and external client relations
- Meeting goals and targets
- Providing high quality professional service to clients
- Building and increasing the existing client base.
Proven experience within a customer service and sales environment would be an advantage, as would experience in the freight industry.
To cover nation wide contact hours (7:30am-6:30pm), you will need to be available each business day of the week and flexible to meet our changing needs.
To register your interest please contact Human Resources department by emailing [email protected].