Our people are more than our best asset. With 13 branches across the nation, our extensive operation employs a combination of staff and full-time subcontractors in all mainland capitals and many key regional centres. As a privately owned and operated company, we work as one large family and our down to earth culture reflects this. Communication is key to our success and everyone at Northline has a voice. Through coaching and development, we not only develop individual skill bases but also enhance Northline’s culture and expertise. All of our staff are trained in the most efficient and effective methods of secure handling, from container loads to fragile product to doorstep deliveries.
With a team committed to achieving the organisation’s goals through commitment, consistency and valuing individual contribution, there is an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Controller to join us in our Sydney Depot located in Smithfield.
This permanent full time position will require you to work 5 days a week from approximately 9am – 6pm. These hours will vary depending on workload. In this role, you will be responsible for optimising the productivity of the fleet for drivers and deliveries in a manner that ensures we meet both the companies and the customer’s expectations.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the daily pick-up of freight from Northline’s customers;
- Preparation and distribution of all pick-up paperwork;
- Constant communication with drivers and loaders on all delivery/pick-up matters;
- Arranging deliveries inside and outside of normal schedules;
- Management of freight for delivery inside the depot and arranging paperwork and advising loaders that freight is clear for delivery;
- Management of Driver’s daily run sheets;
- Checking of all invoices pertaining to Fleet Control.
This position will require applicants to have:
- Excellent knowledge of metro Sydney area;
- The ability to find the balance between excellent customer service, effective productivity and cost efficiency;
- The ability to multi-task and deal with difficult customers and situations;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly demanding environment;
- Experience working in a customer service role where exceptional telephone manner was crucial;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in using Microsoft Excel, Word and computerised dispatch systems;
- A flexible, team approach;
- Driver Fatigue Management Training and COR training.
Experience in a similar role within the Transport Industry is essential.
This is a rare opportunity for a “go getter” to really excel.
To apply click here.
With a team committed to achieving the organisation’s goals through commitment, consistency and valuing individual contribution, there are exciting opportunities for energetic and enthusiastic people to join our team in Redbank.
We are looking for experienced Forklift Operators to work the PM shift, hours approximately 1pm – 9pm at our Redbank depot. This is a permanent position, inclusive of mid-afternoon, overtime wage. We are looking for employees who are available to start straight away.
Your main duties will involve:
- Loading and unloading of mezzanine floor trailers, linehaul trailers, local vehicles and containers;
- Loading a range of general interstate freight to legal capacity and blending freight to achieve maximum payloads;
- Meeting set loading and unloading deadlines whilst maintaining safety and zero damages;
- Loading & unloading MR, HR, HC trucks;
- Manual handling; and
- Following safe operating procedures and complying with company policy.
To be considered for these roles you must:
- Have a current Forklift License with excellent Forklift skills;
- Have at least 2 years minimum of forklift operating experience;
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience loading/unloading PUD fleet, mezzanine floors and containers with a range of general/blended freight;
- Be physically fit to handle repetitive heavy lifting up to 20kgs;
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work as part of a team environment;
- Have experience within the transport industry will be highly advantageous;
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Have a commitment to safe work practices.
Dangerous goods experience with exposure to Safety and OH&S requirements would be an advantage.
The successful applicants will be subject to:
- Reference checking;
- A criminal history check;
- A pre-placement medical including drug & alcohol testing.
Applicants should be physically fit as some heavy lifting may be required and you will have the ability to work autonomously as well as be part of a team environment. For the right candidate this position should lead to a rewarding career path in our company.
Click here to apply
With our National Service Centre located in Adelaide we are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join our client services team based at Norwood.
To be considered you will need to be motivated with an exceptional telephone manner and polished communication skills. You should have strong computer skills and excellent time management.
This role will require you to be involved in:
- Maintaining internal and external client relations
- Meeting goals and targets
- Providing high quality professional service to clients
- Building and increasing the existing client base.
Proven experience within a customer service and sales environment would be an advantage, as would experience in the freight industry.
To cover nation wide contact hours (7:30am-6:30pm), you will need to be available each business day of the week and flexible to meet our changing needs.
To register your interest please contact Human Resources department by emailing [email protected].