We are recruiting for an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Administrator/Goods Inwards Specialist to join our warehouse based in Smithfield. This is a permanent full-time salaried position, with base hours of 9am – 5pm.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor you will provide hands on operational administrative support including; planning, allocating slot booking, customer service and administration for the Smithfield Warehouse.
You will have a background in container transport at an operational level with full industry exposure and understanding of processes, systems, terminology, compliance and documentation along with meeting task deadlines within this fast paced and demanding industry.
Your main duties will involve:
- Plan and schedule warehouse activities to service customer expectations;
- Provision of inbound container status reports;
- Schedule/coordinate all inbound containers and trucks to site;
- Schedule inbound containers to avoid detention/demurrage costs where practicable;
- Data entry of all orders, receivables and charging requirements;
- Preparation of consignment notes, picking slips and labels for all delivery/despatch movements;
- Providing clients with stock reports, POD’s, ETA’s or general order enquiries;
- Interaction with warehouse employees to ensure client requirements are understood and actioned;
- Support to/coordination of order and activity requirements, such as stock collections, stocktakes, customer/other transport pick-ups and other similar activities;
- Attending to phone calls from clients, service providers and other branches, to either satisfy the query or direct appropriately;
The skills and experience required;
- Previous experience in 3PL warehouse environments;
- Planning and allocation skills;
- Strong computer skills, especially in word, excel and Warehouse Management Systems;
- SAP experience highly regarded;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Adaptability and a proactive approach;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly demanding environment;
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy of information;
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work under strict time constraints;
- Maintaining professional relationships with internal and external customers.
Experience in the Transport and Warehousing Industry will be held in high regard.
The successful applicants will be subject to:
- Reference checking;
- A criminal history check;
- A pre-placement Medical including drug & alcohol testing.
Applicants should be physically fit as some heavy lifting may be required and you will have the ability to work autonomously as well as be part of a team environment.
At Northline we believe our people are one of our greatest assets. We are proud of what we achieve and we like to recognise and reward those who go above and beyond. Through learning and development opportunities, employee recognition, wellness and benefits programs we aim to build work culture that fosters longevity as well as lasting connections with all our employees. As part of the team at Northline you will have access to some outstanding employee benefits, including discounts on travel, fitness and health, entertainment and sports, banking, automotive, flowers, gifts and more!
If you think this opportunity if for you and you would like to join the Northline team please submit your application including a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Expressions of interest and applications will be accepted for at least 1 month from placement of this advertisement.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.