Our people are more than our best asset. With 13 branches across the nation, our extensive operation employs a combination of staff and full-time subcontractors in all mainland capitals and many key regional centres. As a privately owned and operated company, we work as one large family and our down to earth culture reflects this. Communication is key to our success and everyone at Northline has a voice. Through coaching and development, we not only develop individual skill bases but also enhance Northline’s culture and expertise. All of our staff are trained in the most efficient and effective methods of secure handling, from container loads to fragile product to doorstep deliveries.
About the role
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced administration specialist to join our debrief team at our Sydney Depot, located in Smithfield. This is a casual position, requiring you to work Monday – Friday. Flexible hours commencing at 3.00pm with reasonable overtime.
The successful applicant will use their high-level administration skills and ability to multi-task and facilitate the efficient and timely handling of all inbound and outbound freight from the Depot. The ideal candidate will have previous administrative experience within the transport industry. You will need to be self-driven and be able to work independently to manage the demands of the role with little supervision.
Your main responsibilities within this role are varied and may include:
- Be the first point of contact when the freight arrives at the Depot for dispatch,
- De-brief: data entry, scanning of connotes and checking POD compliance;
- Running checks to ensure revenue is captured and resolve scanning issues with freight in and out;
- Checking of connotes entries to ensure connote integrity;
- Review Yield reports and added charges spread sheet to ensure all movements are charged correctly; and
- Other duties as required.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Extensive data entry experience;
- Strong customer service focus and commitment to working within a team environment;
- Possess good communication skills, with a professional phone manner;
- Have strong time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- A keen eye for detail along with a high level of accuracy, working to strict deadlines;
- Be highly self-motivated, reliable, enthusiastic and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Keen understanding of OHS&W policy and procedure.
Experience in the Transport Industry will be held in high regard.
The successful applicant will be subject to reference checking and a criminal history check. A pre-placement Medical will also be conducted, including drug & alcohol testing, to ensure your ability to perform the requirements of the role.
If you’re ready for a challenge with a growing company, then Apply Now!
We are looking for an experienced Forklift Operator to work the PM shift, hours approximately 1pm – 9pm at our Redbank depot. This is a permanent full time position, working 5 days per week Monday – Friday. We are looking for an employee who is available to start straight away!
Your main duties will involve:
- Loading mezzanine floor trailers, Linehaul trailers, local vehicles and containers;
- Loading a range of general interstate freight to legal capacity and blending freight to achieve maximum payloads;
- Meeting set loading and unloading deadlines whilst maintaining safety and zero damages;
- Loading & unloading MR, HR, HC trucks;
- Manual handling; and
- Following safe operating procedures and complying with company policy.
To be considered for these roles you must:
- Have a current Forklift License with excellent Forklift skills;
- Have at least 2 years minimum of Forklift Operating experience;
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience loading PUD fleet, mezzanine floors and containers with a range of general/blended freight;
- Be physically fit to handle repetitive heavy lifting up to 20kgs;
- Be motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to work as part of a team environment;
- Have experience within the transport industry will be highly advantageous;
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Have a commitment to safe work practices.
Dangerous goods experience with exposure to Safety and O.H &.S requirements would be an advantage.
The successful applicants will be subject to:
- Reference checking;
- A criminal history check;
- A pre-placement Medical including drug & alcohol testing.
Applicants should be physically fit as some heavy lifting may be required and you will have the ability to work autonomously as well as be part of a team environment. For the right candidate this position should lead to a rewarding career path in our company.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for an exciting opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now” on SEEK.
With our National Service Centre located in Adelaide we are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join our client services team based at Norwood. To be considered you will need to be motivated with an exceptional telephone manner and polished communication skills. You should have strong computer skills and excellent time management. This role will require you to be involved in:
- Maintaining internal and external client relations
- Meeting goals and targets
- Providing high quality professional service to clients
- Building and increasing the existing client base.
Proven experience within a customer service and sales environment would be an advantage, as would experience in the freight industry. To cover nation wide contact hours (7:30am-6:30pm), you will need to be available each business day of the week and flexible to meet our changing needs. To register your interest please contact Human Resources department by emailing [email protected].