See below our frequently asked questions. If you would like any additional advice or information please do not hesitate to contact us.
How can I apply for an account?
If you wish to apply for an account with Northline, please see our Contacts page. Our Customer Service team will be happy to help you with your enquiry.
How should I pack my freight?
Your valuable items will often be travelling thousands of kilometres and handled many times before final delivery. The way in which you package these goods is critical to how they will appear at the final destination. Key things to watch are:
- Palletised goods should ideally be shrink-wrapped to the pallet to avoid them moving while in transit
- Cartons should be strong enough to take the weight inside, and no more than 25kg each unless on a pallet
- Any products containing glass should be bubble-wrapped, crated or similar and marked “Fragile – Contains Glass”
- Engines, Gear Boxes etc should be crated with fuel drained prior to shipping
- Long freight that is fragile and subject to damage if bent should be reinforced with timber to minimise flex
- Ensure that incompatible Dangerous Goods are not mixed together on a pallet
For more information, download our Freight Preparation Policy.
How do I label my freight?
The Northline network handles thousands of shipments each day. Your help in labelling freight clearly will minimise any risk of misdirects or delay:
- Clearly show the Shipper Name and Address, and the Consignee Name and Address
- If the shipment consists of multiple items, indicate the item number and total number e.g. 1 of 2, 2 of 2
- Write the consignment note number in full on each item or the pallet
- Any Dangerous Goods must be declared and the appropriate stickers placed on the freight
- Any Special Instructions should also be shown e.g. Fragile, For Delivery By… etc
What are Northline’s national transit times?
To achieve transit times the freight must ready by 4pm and the order placed by 1pm on day of despatch.
- Transit times are measured in working days only and starts from the day after the freight is collected or received in.
- Regional transit times are available upon request from our Customer Service Team. Contact them on 1300 722 534.
See our Transit Time Schedule for more information.
What zone am I in?
What is Northline’s Fuel Levy?
The fuel surcharge for April 2021 is:
Full Load 14.94%
The fuel surcharge for March 2021 is:
Full Load 12.82%
How can I claim for damages to my freight?
Firstly, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 722 534. They will provide you with a ‘Northline Query Number’ which must be included on the claim form. Following this, you can complete your Freight Cover Form here: Freight Cover Form online. Completing the form online is the most efficient way of lodging your claim.
Should you wish to complete a hard copy of the Freight Cover Form please email your request to [email protected]
View Freight Cover Terms and Conditions here.